• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB NB.. what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HobnobGod

Registered
Right so NB and SB when overclocking a G0 q6600.. man which should be what at 3.2GHz? im confused.. ive been reading EVERYWHERE and i know every setting im guna use when my chips overclocked apart from the SB Vcore. so if my processor is at 1422 fsb - 355.5*9
Vcore 1.4
1.24 vHT
VTT 1.2
and NB 1.3
should the SB Vcore be 1.50 or 1.05? why the hell do ppl say either of those 2 settings at 3.2GHz.. im sure ive read that SB is the top voltage of the frequency but er... i duno someone help me out and fell free to correct me where ive made mistakes or flaws u in my plan

drop your vcore, increase your vtt a little bit
i used 1.32vcore(bios) and 1.285vtt (around there) 1.35 (NB, not because I have too, just to be on the safe side) and 1.5v (default) SB. Im running 400 x 8 as well. see if that works.
if that's unstable, bump the vcore up to 1.34v.

thz for the help peeps, btw my boards max fsb is 1450 which is why im limitied to 9 times multi if i want 3.2, i'll post back how things are going

Back