• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for original MSI ATi 4870 Bios..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Just as the title says, Im looking for the original bios for my MSI Ati 4870...Ive been havin issues out of the diamond bios here lately and I cant locate the flash card I had my bios backed up on... :bang head:

If anyone could help me out that would be GREAT!

Yepo its the OC Edition but SWEET!!! Thanks for the links!

Ive tried this both in Vista, and off a bootdisk, I keep getting a "P/N Do Not Match"

Error...Im pretty damn sure its a MSI 4870, Factory overclocked....

..What gives?

Ive tried this both in Vista, and off a bootdisk, I keep getting a "P/N Do Not Match"

Error...Im pretty damn sure its a MSI 4870, Factory overclocked....

..What gives?

Add the commands -f -p to your atiflash, so for example "atiflash -f -p 0 new.rom".

Add the commands -f -p to your atiflash, so for example "atiflash -f -p 0 new.rom".
Sorry to the OP for getting a bit off topic. Does it matter what order you put the -F and -P? I have really had majoor issues trying to flash my Sapphire and I always put it like this: atiflash -p -f 0 new.bin . Using both the Asus TOP and the newer Sapphire the card will work until the second boot and then it just bricks. I have so far been able to revive it with the stock bios but I am now real reluctant to try anymore.

Sorry to the OP for getting a bit off topic. Does it matter what order you put the -F and -P? I have really had majoor issues trying to flash my Sapphire and I always put it like this: atiflash -p -f 0 new.bin . Using both the Asus TOP and the newer Sapphire the card will work until the second boot and then it just bricks. I have so far been able to revive it with the stock bios but I am now real reluctant to try anymore.

The order doesn't matter. Is your card a reference design HD 4850, or a factory overclocked one? Some of the factory overclocked ones don't play well with a reference BIOS. Or vice versa some most of the reference design cards will brick if flashed with a BIOS that was created for a non-reference designed card.

The order doesn't matter. Is your card a reference design HD 4850, or a factory overclocked one? Some of the factory overclocked ones don't play well with a reference BIOS. Or vice versa some most of the reference design cards will brick if flashed with a BIOS that was created for a non-reference designed card.
Both are reference 4870's. The first one came with the 750/900 bios and the second one came with an 800/1100. BUt both are just plain Sapphire 4870's, neither are an o/c version. But both will run 850/1200 with out problems in C/F

TO update this post, it WORKED!
I made a Nero Boot CD and it worked first try, going to be testing later tonight to see if I can play Crysis 2, I was getting artifacts in it before with the Diamond Bios.

Back