• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD system no longer boots???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I was having grounding issues where if I moved the case the whole system would shut off -- so I took it all out and found an extra one of those screws which raise the board up (forgot the name)...

....so I removed it and now nothing posts. No beeps, nothing. Power is on to all hard drives, fans etc.

I've tested the following:
RAM
PSU
Monitor

....so its either the CPU or the motherboard. I am making the assumption its the motherboard.

Last edited:
did you make sure you didn't use a mounting hole that shouldn't be used? (one that isn't surrounded by metal) I had a friend that did that, and the system wouldn't post or anything. luckily it didn't harm anything.

^ I've seen that as well. Most ATX boards use the same nine hole locations. The quickest way to make sure you've done it right is to count how many standoffs you are using (should be nine, generally) and then when the board is in, see if all nine standoffs have screws in them. If you have more standoffs or don't have screws in all of your mounting holes due to a misplaced standoff, etc, you know what's wrong.

As I said in the first post, I remove it entirely from the case to eliminate grounding issues.

Just bought a new DFI LP JR 790GX mATX board. Between CPU and motherboard, I'll always replace the motherboard first. I don't have another AMD CPU to test so I eliminated it down to either the CPU or mobo. I'll take my chances with the motherboard!

Fingers crossed

And....
lp_jr1.jpg

lp_jr2.jpg

lp_jr3.jpg

Success!!. Knew it was the motherboard :)

This is my first DFI board so I high expectations :D

Back