• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID 1 Problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cliffboss

Lately when I have been trying to move big sets of files to my raid one set up Vista has been locks up completely and I have to do a hard reboot.

When it restarts the Intel matrix console pops up and does it verification thing. When it is done 1-2hours later it says there is any where from 20-30 errors found.

Is this normal for that many errors to occur? If not how do I check if my new hard drives(~1.5months old) are dying? I have tried hd tune health thing but it does not show anything with for the raid set up or for my other 500gb disk.

Errors aren't normal. You'll need to break the array to use a hard drive utility to test each drive. Overclocking and memory problems are common causes of continually corrupted arrays.

well i have no oc on this atm.

To break the array I would just switch it from raid to sata in the bios right? Then when i switch it back it should go back to the configured raid array after?

Yes you can, but I know some tests may wipe out data on the drive. They'll usually warn you, so be aware of that.

is the raid the main OS drive?

does it lock up ONLY when transferring files?

scan the disk that you are transferring FROM?

spyware / virus scan

is the raid the main OS drive?

does it lock up ONLY when transferring files?

scan the disk that you are transferring FROM?

spyware / virus scan

No

It locks up when I tried transfer stuff over the network to the raid array

HD Tune error scan did not pop up with any thing on my OS drive, but the SMART data does not work for the non raid drive (I guess this is because raid is enabled in the bios)

No spyware/scanning now with avg free(But I highly dout i have one)

change your network card drivers?

try a large file transfer from one drive in your system to your raid?

That locks it up as well< i noticed there is a new release of the Intel Matrix software/driver going to try installing that to see if it fixes it.

Back