• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CD Image Making Program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shakka

In your opinion, whats the best image making program and why? I'm looking for one that for the most part bypasses a larger portion of cd protections to backup all of my older games (warcraft 3, ut99, etc).

i use nero, but i have imgburn too and it's great mainly because it's free and it does the job well

Must try this imageburn people here seem to like it, that's good enough for me.

Imgburn is the kinda program that makes you grin with a villain's expression ! :D mua..ha..ha..ha..

Another vote for ImgBurn ! :)

Does imgburn bypass cd protections on games such as warcraft 3? My disc is very scratched up and id like to use an image to install with from now on.

we do not allow discussion of defeating copyright protection in any way! (even if you do owe the disc and is really just making a backup copy due to scratched disc!) this is just not the place for this kinda discussion, period!

LandShark
Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm when i try to burn and image of my warcraft 3 disc, i get a blue screen and comp crahses. I thought it was unstable voltages/clock speeds, but i reset to stock and it still happened. Any suggestions?

don't forget dd or dd_rescue in linux!

imgburn in windows though, or I think infrarecorder can also make .iso files too.

For warcraft 3, you can only use the original diskes to play the game. you can however use your back ups to install the game and then use the original disk to play the game (if you are worried about it scratch). a nice thing is though you can use both ROC or TFT CD to load the game. one of billizards way to keep people from copying the cd. works pretty well.

I got it to work. Pretty sure i made a 1:1 copy of the disc. I can install both game and its expansion as well as load the game from the image. Blizzard did make it so after you download the latest patch, you dont need a cd to load it anymore.

Back