• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sears

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

OMG! Horrible customer service, uneducated employee's. associates ignoring customers as they watch the football game. *filing complaint via corp tomorrow. Story to follow

/story

Problem started when I walked in the door. The one guy working electronics was off watching the game. I said I want to buy the "insert tv here" from the ad. He was like, playing stupid saying "we dont sell those here" and I showed him the ad, and he was like "oh, let me go see if there in stock" 30 minutes pass..... "attention sears...closing in 10 minutes" Finally he shows back up. The associate couldnt operate the register, so I was like here, just put it on my visa so I get get out of here, and I will just come back tomorrow to get the reciept fixed. Ok, cool sold and drove to pick up. Guy walks out with the tv, and I was like "are you all in a good mood?" they say "sure when I leave in 10 minutes" and I was like "well your going to be pushing that tv back inside cause I dont want a tv thats box looks like it was dropped" ok they go back. 30 minutes later they come back out with the same tv. I was ****ed and said I dont want it. "sorry sir, the store is closed so I can not let you back inside" ARRRRGGG I took the tv and just got home. Steaming mad!!!

*edit
I was in no way rude or hateful to the employee's

That is why Sears is in the shape they are in presently. They have gone so far downhill in the last 30 years or so it's not even funny. In the 1970's and even into the 1980's they were a good place to shop, with good product, competitive pricing and decent customer service. Plus, they had catalog stores almost everywhere, even if your town didn't have a big B&M store and ordering from the catalog store was pretty decent. Now their customer service is in the crapper and their product repair/support is dreadful. The other mud man that was working nights with me offshore last week had his own horror story to tell of their shoddy repair service. He had bought one of their extended service policies on the washer and dryer they had bought from Sears and had the washer crap out on him. And he has been waiting for 2 months to get the damn washer fixed. It took 3 weeks just to get the repair person out to his house to look at the washer and he's been waiting for 5 weeks since then for them to get the parts in and fix the damn thing. :bang head His wife has been having to do all their laundry at the washeteria, which is around a 25 mile round trip and he has 5 kids. So that means 2-3 trips per week to the washeteria to do clothes:bang head

That is why Sears is in the shape they are in presently. They have gone so far downhill in the last 30 years or so it's not even funny. In the 1970's and even into the 1980's they were a good place to shop, with good product, competitive pricing and decent customer service. Plus, they had catalog stores almost everywhere, even if your town didn't have a big B&M store and ordering from the catalog store was pretty decent. Now their customer service is in the crapper and their product repair/support is dreadful. The other mud man that was working nights with me offshore last week had his own horror story to tell of their shoddy repair service. He had bought one of their extended service policies on the washer and dryer they had bought from Sears and had the washer crap out on him. And he has been waiting for 2 months to get the damn washer fixed. It took 3 weeks just to get the repair person out to his house to look at the washer and he's been waiting for 5 weeks since then for them to get the parts in and fix the damn thing. :bang head His wife has been having to do all their laundry at the washeteria, which is around a 25 mile round trip and he has 5 kids. So that means 2-3 trips per week to the washeteria to do clothes:bang head

parents had that issue, kenmore went out, repair man got there fast, but didnt have a new bucket (whatever is called-basin?) repair man told sears to junk it and give him new one. sears denied replacement and took 14 weeks to finally get the part in.

I got a kenmoore washer on black friday. I should have learned my lesson then. The washer was unbalanced....guy came out and put on levelers (fixed the problem) but wanted to charge me for them....he said they came in the box, they didnt. Installation instructions spoke nothing of the issue. Due to the unbalance, the basin has plastic burned...he fixed it by filing off the burned plastic. moved to apartment, washer would not drain, he said the something was too weak to drain 4 floors, so he cut my drainage hose off :p

My mom also had horrible service on her washer. Recently she was without it for 2 months due to their own error! She had to come to my brother's and my place to do laundry since we have our own in our place.

That's what we get for having hourly jobs with little to no incentive for performance.

ya thats the issue people are to cheap to pay a fair wage so they get crap people to work for them.

Thats why i try to keep my money local. I pay more but get better service most of the time (stupid mountain states electronics in ft collins colorado)

It comes down to the issue of are you willing to pay 50-100 bucks more for that TV with someone that will take care of you and knows the product(s)?

my grandparents still shop from them, they recently needed a new washer like a few months ago and from the getgo you could tell the washer they got from sears was crap, alot and i do mean ALOT pretty much all the screws were gone so the metal case was pretty much off/coming off and now its sitting downstairs in the basement with a fryed connector of some sort and its in pieces, luckily my girlfriends mom works for electrolux so we can get a really good deal on a new washer

ya thats the issue people are to cheap to pay a fair wage so they get crap people to work for them.

Thats why i try to keep my money local. I pay more but get better service most of the time (stupid mountain states electronics in ft collins colorado)

It comes down to the issue of are you willing to pay 50-100 bucks more for that TV with someone that will take care of you and knows the product(s)?

It's the Walmart race-to-the-bottom syndrome and I succumb to it myself sometimes. At least with technology and computers it's not so bad because replacing with equivalent functionality down the line is often the same as repairing. For items that are meant to be used for a long time though I always go for quality first. It's gotten harder to ask for or appreciate quality though when there isn't much choice. It's funny that someone my age can sound like a crusty old man talking about the good old days :-/

Sorry, I do not buy the "I am a disgruntled employee who makes X dollars here so this justifies my right to screw over an innocent customer" excuse.

And I think its downright pathetic for anyone else to believe that. Seriously...

Ugh...where to start with Sears. Oh, right here

*Actual conversation*
So I walk into Sears wanting to buy a plasma
I ask around for some help, and most of the employees are ignoring me
I find a nasty old man to finally help me
He was in a very bad mood and really just wanted his commission
So, I decide on the TV I want and he goes off about warranties

"Would you like the extended plan? It covers everything, including the plasma leaking"
"Well, is that still a problem these days?"
"No, not really, they fixed it a while ago so it wont happen anymore"
"Oh alright"
"Yeah, so you want the plan right?"

Yeah....Quite an idiot. Anyway, I come in 2 months later, this time for a cheap vacuum cleaner. Guess who sells it to me? Same guy. I lived in an apartment at the time, so I didn't need anything huge, and the guy is standing there trying to sell me what looks to be a ride-on vacuum cleaner. All in all, I've noticed these Sears employees are all about making their commissions. They don't much care for customers

Back