• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP ..... Lost my FSB!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkdxtreme

I have an Athlon 1.2 T-Bird and a Shuttle AK31 V2 Mobo, which have been running at 266FSB (9.5 X 133). I purchased a new Swiftech MCXC370 fan/heatsink combo and I then I tried to overclock my processor to a 1.3 with a 266 FSB and the unit ran fine for about 30 minutes and then it locked up.
Now, I cant get anything (1.0,1.2, etc.) to run at a 266 FSB (133), the system locks up before it gets into windows and gives me a blue screen telling me to disable things in my bios (which I have tried). I cant even run it at 1.2 on a 266 FSB. To even get my computer to boot at all, I have to decrease speed to a 900 at a 200 FSB (9X100)!!!
Is my processor screwed or what am I doing wrong. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

What are your temps? You might not have seated the HSF correctly and that would cause all of your syptoms due to overheating.

Also did you use AS2 when applying it? This will help the contact.

What are youy current temps? Take off and re-apply the HSf and see what happens.

Let me know.

you might try 134 or 135 FSB. Maybe something screwy is happening and your dividers aren't kicking in where they're supposed to.

I believe it is very difficult for your cpu to be damaged without having any visual symptoms. For example, mine operated once at 130 Celsius (because of a little hair between cpu and heatsink!!!), got a little black beneath the core side, but still works fine overclocked. Clearing the cmos or trying a slightly different fsb as posted before seem good ideas. I have a similar experience with my motherboard, operating rock-solid at 133,134,136,138,140,142 fsb but if put it at 135,137,139 and so the multiplier goes automatically to 133!
Wish you good luck and always take your time when removing or applying heatsink, especially to AMD CPUs.

Yup, sounds heat related. I agree with jkdxtreme.

Sounds like the same prob I had a short while back when I tried a "New Copper Cool Master HSF". Could only get into windoz by going Safe Mode.:mad:

Went back to my Alpha and all is fine.

Good Luck.

:cool:

hmmm...................2 things first take off swifty and Clean the chip and the HS .................two amke sure that if you are useing the pencil trick to overclock ya might want to redo it...................Also with the swifty 370 IT ONLY GOES on 1 way

Ok, I finally fixed my problem. Sorry I havent posted back sooner. Firtst off, I guess when I first OCed my processor, my voltage was to high and it corrupted some windows system files causing windows not to boot properly. So I went back and reloaded windows, and now everything is great!! I have gotten my processor OCed to 1.4 @ 266 FSB (10.5X133). So far, the temp hasnt gone above 45C. (thinking about trying 1.5)
Thank all of you for replying back and giving me different ideas. I really appreciate all the help. Thanks a million.

Back