• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any recommendations on good gaming headphones? I used to have those Bose noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bottomsup

canceling ones and I loved them, but they wore out and the ear pieces literally fell apart. New ones are several hundred bones so I'm not sure I want to go there. I was thinking $50...maybe $100 if the difference is worth it.

TIA

Are your bose ones under warranty by any chance? If not, and if you like them, you can probably just buy replacement ear pads for them.

Are your bose ones under warranty by any chance? If not, and if you like them, you can probably just buy replacement ear pads for them.

My wife got them on a discount a few years ago and they are out of warranty. It's weird. The ear pads literally melted off. It like they were glued on and excessive use wore the rubber padding off and after that the pads themselves started to "de glue" them selves. They are done LOL

You could find out how much a repair would cost. In some cases. If you are fond of a certain set of cans. Then see if they are cheap to repair. Even if they are not. They might offer you a newer set at a very nice discount. I don't like Bose
I am pretty sure Bose stands behind their products.

I am pretty sure on my Grado phones. If they went south. The maker would fix them for a nominal fee. Buying good headphones gets you good service when you want/need it.

My wife got them on a discount a few years ago and they are out of warranty. It's weird. The ear pads literally melted off. It like they were glued on and excessive use wore the rubber padding off and after that the pads themselves started to "de glue" them selves. They are done LOL

That's bose quality for you.:beer:

What kind of music do you listen to more, rock/metal or trance/techno? I'll recommend the same as on every other thread. For $100 you can go with either Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 or Grado SR80. The Grados sound better in rock/metal, while the Audio Technica sounds better in games/movies (better 3d surround) and trance/techno.

What kind of music do you listen to more, rock/metal or trance/techno? I'll recommend the same as on every other thread. For $100 you can go with either Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 or Grado SR80. The Grados sound better in rock/metal, while the Audio Technica sounds better in games/movies (better 3d surround) and trance/techno.

Actually these will be used almost exclusively for gaming.

My Grado 80's are not the best for gaming. They sound awesome, but they are not gaming cans. There is many factors that make it so. If you do use them for gaming, they will do a killer job, but overall. I do not like when I sit and jerk my head around gaming with them on. Plus they do wear on the ears after a bit. For chilling and such. It is hard to beat Grado.

Update from the OP here. I finally bought the Sennheiser 555s today. Dell has them on sale for $70!

Can't wait to get them...my ears hurt from my intermediate cans.

Back