• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with temps please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikegis

hello
i have my (cpu warning temperature) in the bios set to 60c./140f. i'm using realtemp on my system. when i was testing the system with ORTHOS the temps on realtemp hit 66c. before the motherboard warned me. so is the bios temps right or realtemp ? the (jt max) in realtemp is set to 95

GIGABYTE (GA-EP45-DS3r)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 / 3.00 GHz processor

SAPPHIRE 100225L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16
HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit
Desktop Memory - Retail

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AA1065 - Retail

NINJA PLUS Rev.B 6Heat Pipes CPU Cooler with fan

Thermaltake Toughpower 600W Power Supply

why you post this in the watercooling section?

Also, have you try to remount the heatsink? also, how did you apply your thermal paste? by the way, have you consider adding another fan to your Ninja heatsink by using zipties or rubber band?

you shouldnt be hitting those temps with a WC setup.... plus i would go with what temps your bios says... plus 66 degrees is hardly a worry...

sorry i forgot to say i removed the ninja and i'm using watercooling now . the thing was , i'm not sure of the temps cause like i said it hit 66c. before the warning went off and it's set for 60c.

thanks again
mike

the difference is bios reads the temp of the chip (underside really), realtemp reads the temp of the cores, they'll always be way different

ok now i understand (dam i was hoping the system was running cooler then i thought).
anyways thanks for all your help..

mike

Back