• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo 26" WS TFT $300 - Good Deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to see this monitor running in person. I love my Soyo 24" 19x12, but I understand it is a different type of LCD.

Soyo has created a line of monitors that are inexpensive, no frills, with few features in order to keep the costs down. And, if you appreciate real estate, you can hardly beat 26" for $300 right now.

My main gripe with their monitors is that they doesn't support HDCP. But again, that probably helps keep costs down. It is also useless if you are planning to use this solely as a computer monitor.

I have been using a no frills BenQ 20" monitor for 2 years now which has turned out to be great! This monitor does have speakers but that's about it, I like playing PC games and watching movies on my computer which is why I'm jonesin' for a bigger screen lol.

Some probably know this already, but you can buy a inexpensive VGA to component cable. So on a monitor like this if you are using the DVI to connect it to a computer, then you can use the VGA connection to hook up any device that has a component output.

Back