• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need simular DVD drive in comparison to this drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OBLIVIONLORD

Drive model # SHM-165H6S04C

This is the drive that I currently have and has gone bad so I'm now do for a replacement, unfortunately the length of this drive is about all I can use on an Apevia Q-Pack 1 case. They fixed the length issue from PSU to Optic drive in the Q-Pack 2 case since they made the case 2" longer however I don't want to pay the extra expense to upgrade the case itself. This case does me just fine and I'm very happy with it. The only issue with this drive is that it's IDE which I want to avoid simply for the fact that the 1 IDE port on the Micro ATX mobo I'm using is in the most awkward place located in the back of the case. So to make my life simpler I would like to find a similar drive that has the same length and color but, is Sata instead.

If anyone can help in my choices then I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

might try some of the LG models they are a little shorter than others.............I've used the memerex 16x dvd in the q-pack2 so it should fit in the q-pack

The Q-Pack2 is 2" longer I think. It can hold a fullsize cd drive and a regular ATX psu. The Q-Pack1 is smaller in that aspect that its quite limited to what psu you can use and optical drive.

That optic drive I was using is an LG so I proably will have to use another LG :)

Back