• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35 Pro siren/beep no POST w/ WC'd rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speed_Freak

Hey everybody. I just finished disassembling my rig and re-assembling with a watercooling setup. I tested the water loop for 24 hours by using a different power supply as to not energize any of my components during testing. It is leak free with a strong, solid, bubble-free flow (only deionized water at the moment, no additives).

Upon attempting to power up my system, I receive a horrible sounding screech (prolonged/constant/uninterrupted beep). The system does not POST. Both LEDs on the motherboard are lit (green and red Vcc and 12V (i think) LEDs). The pump, both 120mm radiator fans, and 3 other 120mm system fans all start up upon attempting to power-on the system. Nothing is sent to monitor; keyboard does not light up, optical mouse does not light up (both are USB). System worked flawlessly before the watercooling attempt.

It should be noted that arctic silver 5 thermal paste was used and great care was taken to ensure the waterblocks were set well. Arctic silver 5 with a dab of super glue was used on RAM sinks for video card that would not stay attached with the provided thermal tape (read: all of them).

My specs are as follows.

* Q6600 (stock)
* IP35 Pro (stock)
* 2 GB kingston RAM (stock)
* winfast 8800GT (stock)
* western digital 400GB HD
* OCZ 700W power supply
* On-board sound

* MCP655-B Pump
* Dtek Fuzion waterblock
* swiftech 2x120mm Radiator
* MCW60 waterblock for video card (aftermarket heatsinks on MOSFETs and * RAM with a 120mm aimed at videocard for more cooling)
stock cooling for motherboard components.

DEBUGGING LOG
-------------------

I unplugged the audio, the SYSTEM SPEAKER, and went down to one stick of ram. STILL got the horrible screeching beep.

Removed the stock heatsink fan from the stock Intel provided heatsink. I plugged the fan into the CPUFAN1 connection on the motherboard. Powered up system. Still got the screeching.

Cleared CMOS. Tried to boot up again with system fan in. Same error beep. Tried without system fan. Same error beep.

Cleared CMOS. Same error.

Unplugged waterpump (MCP655) and plugged into a seperate power supply. Tried powering up the system. Same error. Tried this configuration with and without system fan in. Same error.

Tried moving RAM to different slots. Same error.

I find it interesting that i'm still hearing the beep/screech while the system speaker connector is NOT plugged into the motherboard. After resetting the CMOS, and powering on the system, the motherboard will walk through the various POST codes until it gets to 7F, sometimes it goes to 8.3. (not 83) and will just hang-up at that point. I'm out of ideas. If anybody has any suggestions, please send them my way, thanks in advance!!

--
Speed Freak

Last edited:
all it does is the beep noise? nothing comes up or flashes on the screen? also when your fans come on do they sould normal or at full speed. i had a IP35 pro fry out. sorta like this but i didnt have a beep. but mine was from static.

Just a constant, loud, god-awful beep. Nothing on the monitor. LEDs on the keyboard dont even light up. LED post code gets to 7F and hangs up there. I let it run for awhile despite the noise to see what happens. It shuts off automatically after about 45 seconds or so. Thanks for the respond.

I unplugged all power connections, the video card, the RAM...everything. Replugged them in, cleared CMOS and....IT WORKS!!!!

I google'd around and confirmed that I must not have had everything solidly plugged in, probably the PCI-E1 on the video card. See this link:

http://i4memory.com/f55/evga-680i-known-problems-solutions-3452/

Running stable, cool, and silent!

CPU: (stock)
----
23C
20C
21C
20C

Video 8800GT: (stock)
--------------
35C

Thanks jenkins for posting so quickly and helping me out. I needed the moral support....was getting very discouraged. Hopefully my experience my help other out although I'm running some outdated equipment. Finally I can overclock this thing after a year of having my WC equipment sitting around! Thanks again!

--
Speed Freak

I unplugged all power connections, the video card, the RAM...everything. Replugged them in, cleared CMOS and....IT WORKS!!!!

I google'd around and confirmed that I must not have had everything solidly plugged in, probably the PCI-E1 on the video card. See this link:

http://i4memory.com/f55/evga-680i-known-problems-solutions-3452/

Running stable, cool, and silent!

CPU: (stock)
----
23C
20C
21C
20C

Video 8800GT: (stock)
--------------
35C

Thanks jenkins for posting so quickly and helping me out. I needed the moral support....was getting very discouraged. Hopefully my experience my help other out although I'm running some outdated equipment. Finally I can overclock this thing after a year of having my WC equipment sitting around! Thanks again!

--
Speed Freak

thats cool, glad you got it going. the link i just posted (now edited to this) pointed to loose power connections too.

Back