• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ISCSI initiator XP SP2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
So I have been trying to get the windows boxes to get on the ISCSI network. The problem is that the ones I have tried, M$ Initiator, Starport/StarWind and one of the free ones have absolutely horrible speeds to the linux target

test setup gigabit network with gigabit switch, both computers negotiate at 1 gb.

Transfering 16 gig file yields a time of 17-20 mins, which puts it in the 15-20MB/s range.
This is awfully slow and I strongly suspect the windows initiation software because if I take the windows box and substitute Linux I get a sustained 114MB/s transfering 140 gigs.

So I guess I am looking for suggestions as to what initiators other then those mentioned you might suggest for XP.

I have looked at the M$ initiator settings but I cant really find anything to tweak. Moving the client to linux isnt an option and neither is replacing the existing linux backbone (note that for simplicity the tests are being run in a closed environment and the actual backbone is supported by fiber)

Anyone else have any experience with slow ISCSI speeds?

Back