• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neon Light Question??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

hi all, i just got back from pep boys, i just picked up some neon light "string" it is 6 feet long and is meant to plug into you car cigaret lighter..i was just wondering how i would plug this into my computer? i undid the part that that goes into the lighter and soldered those wires to a female connector to the PSU plugged it in and nothing happens :( i know the light isn't fried though because i put it back together plugged it into the car and it still works fine.. thanks in advance!

I tried the same thing with a 3" light set: worked ok though.
Did you connect to the 12v power? Yellow and black. Also polarity matters with dc: could the leads be reversed?

Maybe it is something with the light strings.....I'm just starting to mess with the appearance mods, all mine so far have been functional only. Quite ugly most of the time too!

Thats the only thing i can think of, you either got it hooked up to the wrong voltage, or you have the positive and negative switched.

ohh it is supposed to go on the yellow and black? i thought it was red and black! Doh! thanks guys let me give it a try!

*edit*
Bingo! thanks guys works perfectly :)

Last edited:
HEHE, ok i will take some pics of the final product :) i got the neon tape all around the window, now all i need to do is put 2 cold cathodes in and clean up the wiring and its done!

Back