• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will A GTX 260 Suffice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What resolution will you be playing at? RAM obviously won't be a limiting factor :p

If you can get that quad overclocked to 3.6GHz or better, it should pair up nicely with that GTX260.

I agree with Ghost, Nividia GTX260 is tuned to play nice with Crysis. Two of them in SLI is even better !

Resolution will have a lot to do with it. You could probably get away with 1600x1050 4x AA and have decent framerate.

I would wait a little longer before buying a video card. Die shrinks are coming out. Lets see how well those perform.

the 260gtx 216 core is really a 280gtx but its laser cut so the other shader processors are locked

A single GTX 260 is just fine for that resolution. You can run high graphics on most games, even with some AA maybe :D

I would drop the 8gb to 4gb. It is simply not necessary, literally no applications use that much RAM outside of having hundreds of items open in Photoshop CS4 or something. That much ram will make your NB chug power and thus limit your overclock on the Q6600, which as a quad will already put quite a strain on the NB.

It is if you are doing a step-up and they're the same price :)

But retail-wise, you are correct.

Back