• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked ntune CATASTROPHE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caleguydg

Overclocked ntune CATASTROPHE!!! i went downloaded ntune to overclock my nvidia 6150 le. i overclocked it manually by just moving the slider from around 432 mhz to around 452 mhz cannot recall the exact no., and the screen just froze and turned black and white. i restarted after a while. When i restarted the pc nothing happened it stuck on bios page, when i restarted again the page stuck on bios, the third time the monitor light turned green to orange then the fan started spinning and a beeping sound started to come through. Normally the fan stops spinning after around 2 seconds. one more thing the beeping was continuous

I have 1.5 gigs ram
2.4 ghz dual core amd x2 4200
windows xp

Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Remove power from the psu, pull the battery on the mobo, keep it out for.. I dont know.. 30 seconds? Pop the battery back in, reapply power and try?

Leave that battery out for 10 minutes to make sure it is reset. It should cure your ills. How long did you leave it running after it froze? I have a hard time thinking you killed you video card but I guess it is possible.

Yeah like these guys said pull that battery out and see if it resets, although I have a board that I pulled the battery out for 2 days and it still didnt reset..... I still have that board too.

If you can look for the CMOS jumper and move it to the opposite that its at now for like 30 secounds and switch back, of course while the power is off
It ushually is like a jumper ontop of 3 pins so if it starts covering the left two pins move it to where it covers the right two pins for 30 secs and then back

Back