• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You gotta love Jab-Tech.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Jab-Tech-logo.jpg

Last week I asked John at Jab-Tech.com a question about a Thermalright heatsink I was interested in buying, he e-mails me back (in the usual 5 minutes or less)
He tells me that the heatsink I was thinking about buying is only middle of the road. I told him what components I bought, new case, new mobo new CPU etc etc.

So he tells me he had a customer return a Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME that had nothing wrong with it, as usual it was a user error return. He gave me a price that I could not pass up, so I bought a bunch of quiet fans for my new case and this behemoth heatsink.

Place the order, and 5 minutes pass and John e-mails me back saying the fans I ordered are the wrong size, he told me he will take care of it and he replaced the fans I ordered with even better fans that are the right size for my new case.

About 30 minutes later, John e-mails me again and said the stupid customer that returned this heatsink didn't send back all the parts and was missing the Intel bracket. (This component no matter how good a modder I am, was proprietary and I needed it) I told him just ship it and I'll get the piece i need. So he did... I thought it was awesome that he tested this heatsink, for both functionality and making sure I had everything that it ships with from the manufacturer, he even ran the fan for over an hour just to make sure he didn't sell me a lemon.

BUT.....

About an hour later he sends me another e-mail, and he called the manufacturer and they shipped in an expedited manner the proprietary bracket directly to me. Got the Heatsink yesterday and the bracket came by UPS this morning. Plus the manufacturer threw in some giant stickers and some neat pens.

Well it's official; Jab-Tech is by far the best hardware vendor on planet Earth. His support is second to none. Arctic Cooling isn't to bad either. But Jab Tech rocks, plain and simple. I'll tell you something else, I had a friend of mine place an order for me, and John's level of service for his order was the same.

Jab-Tech.com gets five thumbs up (on a scale of 1 to 4 thumbs up) :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Plus I really dig this new heatsink!, I was surprised how easy it was to install. Performs pretty well too ;)

162_big.jpg

Its nice to hear someone with a positive experience instead of everyone bitching about this and that.

Very nice of him and good cs. I checked their site recently and it seems like he's carrying a lot fewer heatsinks than he used to, any idea why?

Also, what are the real dimensions of that HSF? On jab-tech it says 131mm high but I don't see how that's possible since it uses a 120mm fan. Does the fan stick almost all the way down to the base plate underneath the fins?

Yeah Sam, John gives extraordinary customer service, that's for sure. I love doing business with him and he also carries some excellent stock for sale. Another big plus for me is that his business is much closer physically to La. and my items generally arrive within 2-3 days even with Fedex Ground shipping. It generally takes a few days longer to receive items from the other Cooling Supply companies I do business with, Sidewinder Computers and Danger Den. And neither of those stores give me the level of customer service I receive from Jab-tech. Their customer service is good, but not to the level of John's.

To give an idea of the customer service he's given me in the past, I had ordered some water cooling supplies 4-5 months ago and among other items, had ordered 2 feet of 1/2 X 3/4 Tygon R3400 because I was having problems with the 7/16 R3400 collapsing on the suction side of my Iwaki pump. A few minutes after placing the order I got an email back saying he was out of the 1/2" R3400 and was refunding that portion of my order, but he also sent me 2 feet of some 1/2" black Primochill tubing for free for me to try out in place of the R3400.:thup: He didn't have to do that and I very much appreciated this free substitution from him and it worked well also.

I also rate Jab-tech :thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Very nice of him and good cs. I checked their site recently and it seems like he's carrying a lot fewer heatsinks than he used to, any idea why?

Also, what are the real dimensions of that HSF? On jab-tech it says 131mm high but I don't see how that's possible since it uses a 120mm fan. Does the fan stick almost all the way down to the base plate underneath the fins?

Good question, I also was wondering how this could be before it arrived. It doesn't stick out and has sound isolation features, you see the fan is not a run of the mill 120mm fan, it's a roundish proprietary very quiet fan with unusual attributes (All Good) , if you go to their site, look at the top right and you can see the fan's unusual dimensions with backlit lighting.

Here's a picture of it from a Tweaktown review

arcticcooling_xtreme_013t.jpg

It's also very quiet at the max 1500rpm, so quiet, there's no need for me to use the Asus Q Fan control or Asus Fan Xpert, I simply disabled the PWM fan function, then run it at max 1500rpm, since I can't hear it at max speed, why bother with my mobos speed controls.

This is a very nice heatsink, my old main rig was watercooled and was very quiet, this new main rig is more quiet, the only thing I can hear is my raptor HDD.

Every fan I'm using is 20dba or less. I have a Sunbeam fan control I put in the new case, but it's just not needed, so I didn't hook it up, it's installed, but that's just about it. :)

The only factor I need to mention is northbridge cooling, when one uses this AC Xtreme heatsink, it's not small. A good match would be a Thermalright HR-05 SLI, because it's offset, but I ordered a Enzotech Forged Copper Northbridge heatsink - CNB-S1, it will just fit, if not out comes the dremmel and I'll make it fit :) (But the Arctic Cooling Xtreme has a useful feature, it has adjusters that let the heatsink slightly side to side to make room for a Northy heatsink.

PS, The mounting mechanism is in a class by itself, I was shocked to discover that there was no backplate for the rear of the mobo for such a big heatsink, But Arctic Cooling did their homework and this mounting mechanism is exceptional and the heatsink is not going anywhere. Not having to remove the mobo is a HUGE plus.

I'd love to support a good guy and they say the Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme is good, but what are we talking about performance-wise vs. the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme?

Thanks for the link to some pictures. It looks like the fan is a non-standard fan as you said, like other AC heatsink fans it is 'frameless' (sort of) so not quite as bulky, but for a given fan size the blades are still going to have the same diameter. It does look like the bottom of the blades go a bit below the fins in this shot, the blades go almost down to the base in fact, plus they've got fins going down really far on the heatpipes. It's hardly bigger than a Freezer 7 pro but performs a lot better so they designed it nicely. I'm looking to move to a mATX box which is why I was curious but this one is still just a touch too large, if they made a 100mm fan version that was <110mm tall that would be perfect!

I had a similar experience with Petra's last summer. Those guys rock too, their stock may not be as extensive but they sure do kick butt too.

I'd love to support a good guy and they say the Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme is good, but what are we talking about performance-wise vs. the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme?

If I had a Thermalright Ultra-120 I'd have thine answers you seek. But to tell you the truth, if I wasn't satisfied with the performance with this AC Xtreme or didn't have this AC Xtreme, I'd have already picked up a Thermalright True, or even better a Thermalright True Copper (The new case I have is the Antec Three Hundred, yesterday I was contemplating how to 'shore up' the weight of a True Copper by attaching a brace near the top 'blowhole' in the Antec case to add extra holding support for a True Copper heatsink, still thinking about this, I just found out my best friend has three industrial CNC waterjets, so making an additional custom retension bracket for a true copper is something I'm mulling over in my head)

But you can contemplate on this, I've been watercooling my main rig for many a year, nearly half a decade, if I wasn't satisfied with this AC Xtreme, it would be listed in the Classifieds or on Ebay faster than you can blow your nose. My Waterblock is universal, I could easily pull out my h20 gear and cool the gear with water if I was unsatisfied with air. But so far I'm sticking with air for the time being my friend, especially since I'm 100% satisfied with the performance and the only thing I can hear in my PC is the Raptor. Never imagined decent air performance and silence to boot, usually decent performace, air and silence do not go hand in hand. The main reason I watercooled to begin with had ZERO to do with overclocking, I like my components to be cool, and I like it quiet.

PS, Thermalright is my favorite heatsink manufacturer by far, their a good company that makes exceptional heatsinks. I'll tell you what, on my to do list is to pick up a Thermalright True Copper if the price comes down some, not to keen on spending a C note on a heatsink, at that time, I'll compare it to what I'm using, then I'd be able to answer your querry. Once I have it, the losing heatsink will be found in the classifieds for sale! But I'm pretty sure there will be reviews coming out comparing the two before I get my hands on a True Copper.

Besides, John at Jab Tech already talked me out of buying a middle of the road heatsink last week, he wouldn't sell me something I wouldn't like ;)

If I had a Thermalright Ultra-120 I'd have thine answers you seek. But to tell you the truth, if I wasn't satisfied with the performance with this AC Xtreme or didn't have this AC Xtreme, I'd have already picked up a Thermalright True, or even better a Thermalright True Copper

Well, darn, I was hoping you might have both. That Tweaktown review seems to only include coolers with built-in fans, so no Ultra 120 there :(

Another satisfied jab-tech customer here. Them and petras are by far my favorite two online retailers. Both have fantastic customer service and are a dream to works with. Not always the cheapest price but the service more than makes up the small difference.

Bought an order on a sunday and forgot to add something to it but already had a tracking number.

I wrote an email through the support system and received a response quickly (this is at night on a Sunday), he told me to place a separate order for the extra part I wanted and that he would discount the shipping and include it in the other box!

I received the reduced shipping charge and it all came in 1 box on the day it was supposed to arrive. Great service. :)

I even got some free caffeine peppermints! And by some I mean an entire box.

Back