• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 8800 GT OC 512

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tWiSt3D

Hello everyone.Im wanted or should say messing around with OC my card.But Im real not sure what to set core and memory clock to.Heres a pic of what I have so far and Idle temp is at 44c.Could anyone point me in a direction on setting these right to run the best?What i have it on now seems to help out while Im playing a game running fraps FPS while fraps is running rose like 25 FPS.Thanks again.

PIC HERE

Is it stable with those clocks? If yes, you have reached a pretty awesome OC

Yes everything is fine like that.Been testing on some games world at war and cod4 and crysis.With just stock cooling on the card it reaches at 68c after playing a game for about 30 mins with max settings.Well except for crysis I cant really run that game max but close to it.Thanks for the response.:beer:

I have the exact same card and it is actually capably of alot more too. The BFG 800GT OC card is shipped @ 1.1v instead of 1.05v making it capable of higher clocks. Check my sig for my stable clocks. I game at these clocks and it hasent failed me yet. Make sure it is staying cool though.

Well after running the card at that overclock fried my motherboard:bang head.It was a cheap HP Motherboard prob shouldnt of done it but oh well now I got a good deal on a 650i ultra real cheap not sure if this board is any good or not but now Im afraid to mess with OCing my card anymore.Should I be scared on this board?I just dont want to burn it up money doesnt grow on trees around here :santa:

You didn't apply any additional voltage and if the HP board burned up its b/c it was defective (unless you did something else like drop metal shavings in there while it was running). You could probably get an RMA, but getting a board that isn't HP would be ideal.

You should feel confident that OCing your gfx card should have no bearing on your mobo frying again.

I have the exact same card and it is actually capably of alot more too. The BFG 800GT OC card is shipped @ 1.1v instead of 1.05v making it capable of higher clocks. Check my sig for my stable clocks. I game at these clocks and it hasent failed me yet. Make sure it is staying cool though.

Surprisingly PNY 8800GT's have 1.1v also. :santa:

You shouldn't have to volt mod it to get those clocks. I wouldn't go past 1000mhz on memory as I heard 8800gt's aren't good at coping with it unless you have good cooling. For core clock, 700mhz without a volt mod should be no problem.

I didnt change any volts or anything I just used the evga precision tool and now Im scared to mess with it again.Just wondering with this 650i ultra will be ok to try it again.

Overclocking your gpu will have no detrimental effect on you motherboard. If anything, it only pushes your gpu and somewhat your psu. Though I take back what I said. I've heard others have a hard time getting 700mhz core but just bump it 5-10 mhz at a time and keep an eye on temps. Your idle temps seem good. Though I wouldn't worry about memory much, it doesn't show as well in terms of FPS when it's overclocked.

Hey.. I've my BFG 8800 GT OC currently set to
Clock 770 Mem 1100 Shader 1890. 2 hours ATItool stable and COD4 max settings with extra Ntune tweaks.

Will test further later.. Couldn't get near theres clocks with stock bfg cooler though. Temps regularly visited 105c in game.

Anyway just picked up a Zalman VG-1000.. Temps never exceed 60c @ load . System is loving it. oh yeah with the e8400 overclocked to 4.23 and 8800 overclock i'm getting a 3dmark06 score of 14200.. Think thats pretty good but not sure..

Can push E8400 to 4.5 stable and perhaps a bit more out of 8800GT.. will repost when testing complete.

Any similar results out there?.

Happy to post pics of system.
Cpu E8400 @4.23 1.36v
Memory Corsair Xms2 800 @ 1100
Cooling CPU-TRUE with Sunon38mm 142CFM push config and
VGA-VG1000 Extreme cooler for
VGA BFG 512 8800GT OC @ 770/1100/1890
Case Antec1200

Power Corsair HX620W
Temps CPU Idle 38 Load 64 (Intel Burn)
Bench Geekbench 6280 / 36Mark06 14200

Last edited: