• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antex Earthwatts 500W vs Sunbeam 650W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theapodan

Registered
I currently have :this Logisys PS, which is fine, but I'd like to upgrade my video card (6600 GT) to a 9600 GSO or GT. I have 6 drives total. I have a modest OC on a Brisbane 3600+. I'd like to have some breathing room power supply-wise for future upgrades of the processor.

Which of these:
Antec earthwatts EA500 500W

Sunbeam PSU-ECO650-US 650W

Would be better? I'd like something quiet, durable, and efficient. If there is something similar or better the same price or cheaper, other ideas are appreciated.

I currently have :this Logisys PS, which is fine

Actually, it isn't. Any $20 PSU should terrify you. You're trusting all of your expensive hardware to a cheap piece of crap.

but I'd like to upgrade my video card (6600 GT) to a 9600 GSO or GT. I have 6 drives total. I have a modest OC on a Brisbane 3600+. I'd like to have some breathing room power supply-wise for future upgrades of the processor.

Which of these:
Antec earthwatts EA500 500W

Sunbeam PSU-ECO650-US 650W

Would be better? I'd like something quiet, durable, and efficient. If there is something similar or better the same price or cheaper, other ideas are appreciated.

EarthWatts are good units. I don't know about the Sunbeam, but an older 550W unit reviewed well here.

I have an Earthwatts 500 and it works really good - it does run quiet and cool. Comparing the earthwatts to a freebie power supply - the earthwatts used about 20W less and generated hardly any heat. The freebie was like a space heater. The sunbeam I am not sure about, but i've had no problems with the earthwatts.

I own an earthwatts 380, 430, 500 and I think a 650 (or 600) and they all work really good. You could probably get away with a 430W if you wanted to, but I think 500W would be an optimal choice.

Back