• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have to cycle power on restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
So I had my computer overclocked (computer in my sig) I had some problems and had to reset my CMOS. I updated the bios to the most recent version. When I am loaded to windows, I restart the computer, and the computer doesn't post. I have to hold the power down for 4 seconds to shut the computer off completely and start it back up to post. This happens no matter how I restart the computer. If I am in the bios and exit, I have to cycle the power to get it to run.

Where should I be looking to fix this problem? Updating the bios didn't fix anything, and I am no longer overclocking anything. All the voltages, fsb and memory speeds are set to auto or stock.

If you can, try a different power supply, or strip the system down to CPU/RAM/VIDEO and see if the problem remains. If all else fails, try reseating RAM and expansion cards.

Back