• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

duhduh

sup guys!!! i got a prob. installed vista about month ago and everything was fine till a few days ago. i moved my pc to my friends house and when i tried to boot i got a message that there was either a hardware change or something was wrong with my windows software. during the move one of my wires on one of my molex connectors came loose. think that was the hardware prob. had to reinstall windows vista and now i have issues when i boot. i may have to restart the system 3x before i can get it to boot properly!! not only that but my games run very laggy now. all drivers are up to date so i think it may be a hardware issue. my system specs are:
intel core 2 duo 6600 2.4g
evga 750i ftw mobo
evga 8800gt
750w power supply (hec)
4gb adata ram
250 wd sata hd
sb audigy sound card
i am not oc-ing anything right now so it shouldn't be anything like that. think either the mobo was touched by the loose molex wire or the wire being loose caused the 8800gt to "fry". i have reinstalled vista 3x so i don't think it is a software issue. any of your help with this issue would be awesome!!!! thanks

Welcome to the forums.
I would bet that your heat sink came loose. Take it off, clean it and put on new thermal grease then reinstall it. Those push pins come loose. The key for me is that you moved the machine to another house and a molex came loose. That tells me that there was a lot of bouncing going on that would cause a heat sink to come loose. If this is true, the your system is slow because the CPU is running at a slower speed to keep from burning up.

hmmm...will check!!! though i do have a ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler and semi checked it after the move, but maybe i need to take a closer look!!!:bang head i was also looking at reviews on my mobo and seen that some peeps were having issues close to my problems... i am so confused!!!

Back