• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ID! quick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ottoman

I just joined the folding team..

I put my username and team number..

and I copy pasted the config to my other machine..

cuz when I put username for that, it gave me different ID,

can I have 2 machines folding for 1 protien together?

is the ID my ID? or the protiens ID?

do I just let it do it's own thing?

I think the id is for the server to figure how many processors that you have Folding, but I'm not sure. As long as you have the same username and 32 in the team section you should be fine. BTW, welcome to our Folding Team. I've been Folding since December and I've already got hooked bad on Folding, even dragging out older machines I had sitting in the garage. It's paid off though; I'm in the top 600 in the world now and trying to move into the top 50 on the team. Breaking into the top 100 was pretty easy but it gets a lot harder to move up from there.

oh believe me, I'm rounding as many 'idle cycles' as I can get my hands on...

at about 3.7 ghz worth..

The ID numbers should be different. It is specific to each client so that the server can sort out which work was sent out and returned and which wasn't. The important part of the client.cfg is your username and team #.
It will probably run alright with the same ID# for both clients but it would be better if they were unique.

Back