• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LITE-ON 20x DVD Burner....$19 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Figured I would post this up since the free shipping makes this a pretty good deal:)

LINKY

You know I almost got annoyed seeing the thread title. Last week I bought a e8500 from Newegg, the next day they had it on sale. Yesterday, I upgraded my DVD burners and bought two from Newegg, today I saw the thread title and almost got annoyed again. Luckily this DVD burner isn't the SATA interface model I bought the day before, this one for sale is IDE.

But it will not surprise me to see the SATA DVD burner I bought on sale tomorrow on Newegg.
beatdeadhorse5.gif

Saw it and got all excited, then I realized it was IDE, I got an IDE and want to ditch it, cable management with IDE cables is poo, the flat ones that is.

You know I almost got annoyed seeing the thread title. Last week I bought a e8500 from Newegg, the next day they had it on sale. Yesterday, I upgraded my DVD burners and bought two from Newegg, today I saw the thread title and almost got annoyed again. Luckily this DVD burner isn't the SATA interface model I bought the day before, this one for sale is IDE.

But it will not surprise me to see the SATA DVD burner I bought on sale tomorrow on Newegg.
beatdeadhorse5.gif

I see you enjoy Newegg's rediculous pricing strategy as much as I do.

beatdeadhorse5.gif

I hope it is :). Then I'll get one too :).

NewEgg reviews, though often wrong, are occasionally right. With so many saying that the drives die within a couple of months, I wouldn't buy one unless the price dropped to $5.

NewEgg reviews, though often wrong, are occasionally right. With so many saying that the drives die within a couple of months, I wouldn't buy one unless the price dropped to $5.

I had some very old LiteOn DVD-ROMs that were fine and lasted a long time. More recently I got a LiteOn DVD-RW that dies after very little use. They just seem flimsy and insubstantial compared to other brands I've gotten (Pioneer and Samsung) that are hardly more expensive but haven't failed and seem better made. I wouldn't recommend anyone get LiteOn drives when better options are available for hardly more.

I've got an LG as my latest DVD+-R(W)/RAM drive. SATA, darn near silent even at full speed, and cost me less than $30. Have only had it for a month, so can't say much about reliability yet, but I love the lack of noise.

Hey SSS, I have some things on my list over at Newegg. Would you be so kind as to buy them first so the price drops?:D

No problem and done, I just ordered a 2nd one this morning, I never bought a Samsung burner and wanted to make sure it was decent. UPS showed up last night at 7:30PM and I installed it at 7:31 :D

Ordered a 2nd half an hour ago. Once it comes, I'll officially have no IDE devices.
PS The price will probably drop tomorrow :-/

Back