• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerColor 3850 AGP with Danger Den Maze4-1 and Rialto bridge chip HS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UreiCollector

Registered
As usual, I can't resist the urge to tinker, so I have liquid cooled the 3850. The Danger Den Maze4-1 was a perfect fit for the card....I only had to add a small notch on the acrylic back plate to clear the heatsink that I thermal epoxied to the Rialto chip.

The waterblock came with a peltier and a cold block, and I ditched both of those since I didn't want the headache of condensation prevention....and the peltier is just too inefficient.

I previously had a lapped Zalman VF-1000 on the GPU. Temperatures have improved from 59c under full load (folding at home GPU client) to 44c! Since I'm sharing the loop with the CPU, I kept an eye on those temps as well, and only a slight increase from 45c to 47c.

The Rialto chip definately runs hot, even with the small heatsink, I would recommend using something bigger to anyone out there. It still shocks me that they run those chips bare......

Loop config is RES => PUMP => CPU => GPU => RADIATOR => RES

Attachments

• gpu_water_front2.jpg
    gpu_water_front2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 809
  • gpu_water_back.jpg
    gpu_water_back.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 740
  • gpu_water_cs.jpg
    gpu_water_cs.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 634
  • gpu_water_ins.jpg