• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Dying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you tried going back to an older driver? The newest drivers are more optimized for the newer gfx cards.

Welcome to the forums. :welcome:

Uninstall the current drivers via 'Add or Remove Programs.' Download an older driver revision, such as 84.56. Install them and see if the issue goes away. Is that an AGP 7600gs? If you can, pop you card into another machine, a friends perhaps. You could also try a different monitor or cable. Sorry, I can't see your pic here at work and can't give you more applicable troubleshooting.

Lower the core and memory speed on your gfx card, and see if the problem persists.

Also, is your PC getting too hot? Has the dust been cleaned out recently? Take a look at your gfx card, and blow all the dust out if its dusty. Does it have a fan? Is it spinning?

Who is the vendor of your card? If you're lucky you might still have warranty coverage.

i have a nvidia 7900gs. they dont sell to consumers but they sell to companies like dell and all them. So he may have a nvidia vanilla card if it was pulled from an oem machine!

Ok, got around to cleaning off all my components in my PC, and so far no more GPU issues. Thank you all for helping. :)

Back