• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drive mounting hole data sheets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarkS

I originally posted this in the Storage forum, to dismal results. I surely hope this is the correct forum this time...

I am about to build a case out of structural aluminum tubing. I want to machine drive trays for both the 3.5" and 5.25" drives. The problem I'm having is finding the specifications for the drive form factors. I can do a Google search for ATX and get the specs for virtually every other possible computer component. However, without knowing the name of the specification, I cannot do an adequate search. I have spent several hours searching and have even contacted a drive manufacturer to no avail. Someone here must have run up against this before.

It was mentioned in the other thread I made that I could just measure the holes. I am not so stupid as to not realize this and I take great offense that it was even mentioned. I need detailed drawings. I need to know the exact dimensions as per the engineering drawings so I can make 100% accurate CAD files. This may be overkill for some, but not for me. This is how I work.

TIA,
Mark

Thanks! :beer: That solves half of the problem. I still need the same thing for 5.25 drives, but it's a start.

Yes, I have what I need now. Thank you so much, AlucardCasull! I checked out FormFactors.org, but only found ATX and related specs. Nothing drive related. Maybe I didn't search the site far enough, but it is a small site.

Back