• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brightview Infinity Displays on HP notebooks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

alright i am back at home and i have been checkin out my new laptop

come to find out it has the "fancier" Brightview Infinity Display and i cant find any info in it being LED or CCFL backlit and i dont really wanna take it apart and find out.

does any one know?
its a DV4-1028US

oh and also is there any way to trick windows into using the SD/MMC slot as an external drive or just to trick it to use readyboost over it?

it suprisingly doesent have too much crap on it, about 10 gigs taken up on the main partition and most of the HP software doesent give me any issues but most of its disabled in startup excpet for the things needed like the driver to load for the controls above the keyboard and oddly enough thats the thing thats giving me the most problems but i need it at the same time because its how i can physically turn the wireless on and off on the laptop unlike instead of going in and disabling it but its still there.

it used to drop the clock down as far as 500Mhz but its stopped doing that now and only goes down to 1600Mhz, could be a reading problem of core temp though, temps rarely get past 56C OCCT gets it to about 60c, theres a max of 90c that shows up in coretemp aswell, dont know how accurate but i wouldnt want that hot.
came with 800Mhz cas 3 ram aswell so untill 4 gig sticks get cheap i wont need to upgrade

Back