• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 over without messing with the RAM ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prixone

Hi all,

as you may see i am a newcomer and i hope i am on the right section ... :)

Well i have the sig computer and i was wondering about overclocking my CPU it seems that i have a nice cooler to try to boost it a little and i have 2 more coolers at the case.

I would like to know what would be a safe spot for this CPU and if i can change it without messing with my RAM and how should i procced...

I was doing some tryouts by myself but i guess they were all failures since 1 of it the computer did not started, the other it restarted while trying to get to the windows and so on...

I tried setting up manual config to the memmory but the memmory setup just make me sooo confuse that i don't know where to go to....

Well if i did miss any information or anyone could assist me i would appreciate thanks !

:welcome: to ocforums.

Without getting in to your specific setup I would first recommend reading this sticky thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316 to make sure you're familiar with overclocking terms and what you might need to do.

Chances are for an easy oc you could set the frontside bus (FSB) to 333 MHz instead of the stock 200 that your CPU uses, that would make it run at 3.0 GHz. Check the RAM speed to make sure it's not over 400 MHz (or 800 when 'double data rate' is taken in to account) since that is the stock speed rating for your RAM it should be able to do that without a problem.

Thanks for the reply both of you :)

Well yeah the basic setup i was trying to bump was 3G so i tried 333 but i am not quiet aware of how the memmory config should look like after setup the FSB.

I have already ready a few topics in the forum also the ones pointed to get some knowledge to lead me to something else but i am still learning and even after reading some i am still quiet not get few things....

I will be trying to make a default 3G of it right now and if i can't succed i will come back with my findings, thanks again :)

UPDATE
Well i setup it to 333x9 without making any other changes other then verify what the memmory got and it was 888 but like that the computer won't turn on... the others configs for the memmory are even highers ... like 1336 etc ...

I guess i need configure the RAM somehow to make it accept the new CPU FSB

Last edited:
Back