• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears of War 2, WARNING, ****SPOILERS**** allowed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phil178821

Just finished GoW2 on the third hardest difficulty, what is that, hardcore? If I had to estimate it took me probably 14 hours or so.

I gotta say, its awesome. Right not i am waiting for the credits to end because I believe there may be something afterward.. I will let you guys know.

so maybe i am crazy, but did anyone else get the idea that the humans may have created the locust?? When they were in the topic secret research place, I found a document about aggressive patients that nails grow very fast and hair incredibly slow.. sounds like locust? plus the fact that the queen appears human. i couldnt tell if the thing on her head was part of her or just like a piece of garb lol.

also, what does the queen mean when she says he should have taken his fathers path (to marcus) and also, the fact that marcus' dad's voice is in the locust computer.

maybe the locust were created and the queen and marcus' dad were involved in the reasearch and have taken a position of control with the locust..

idk. maybe i am hearing things incorrectly or missed a lot, but those were my initial thoughts. will have to see when i go back through the game more thoroughly.

also, how about that speach by cole over the locust loud system? hilarious..

ahh so just waited to the end of credits.. not as good as i had hoped. transcript is below. its only audio, no visual. read if you like

"this is adam fenix.. is anyone out there.. can you hear me.

can you hear me? what have you done.."

makes me think he is with the locust against his will.. idk

and also, i would have liked to have seen more tai and dizzy. carmine was a little too dumb to be aside to an elite squad like delta for my taste, but hey, i guess u gotta learn somewhere.

the whole thing with tai, very creepy.

graphics are great.. universe they design is great. from the deep hallows to the snowy mountains.

if only they could release gow3 tomorrow? lol

if uyou oculd put a percent on how thorough i was in searching through the game , i would say about 80%. lol.. still, i only found like mid 20s of 41 or so.. wish they were easier to find, they give some good insight into the story.

few things i noticed.. Y execute a downed enemy with the sniper rifle out and he beats the guy over the head with the gun instead of punching.. pretty cool. i have a feeling different things may come with other weapons, such as the shield, but i am not certain.

Last edited:
11 executions? I've only been able to do 3...A, X and Y...if I remember right B uses the guy as a human shield.

What other buttons are linked to executions?

Getting ready to blast though it for the 2nd go-around, co-op this time. Should be fun.

the campaign was good but its annoying having to wait 5 minutes to start a match and they took out split screen multiplayer :(

edit: i got split-screen multiplayer to work for public matches, what i did was create another xbox live account and it works! i don't know why signing in as a guest isn't allowed though

Last edited:
the campaign was good but its annoying having to wait 5 minutes to start a match and they took out split screen multiplayer :(

edit: i got split-screen multiplayer to work for public matches, what i did was create another xbox live account and it works! i don't know why signing in as a guest isn't allowed though

you should still be able to log in your guest (split screener) as an actual guest on your live account name. normally there is the option on the main menu (says like press y in the bottom left or something with the second controller) the option is BEFORE you go to the multiplayer menu.

as for the executions. I think the eleven refer to weapon specific.

a == human shield

b == quick kill

x == curb stomp variant

y == punch his face in.

now i am not sure which but either pressing y or b (ithink b) will give you a weapon specific, which i believe is where the 11 different executions arise. trying to remember what i have seen; liek almost a golf swing with sniper rifle, a pistol whip (with the butt of the gun) using the boltok. some others i cannot remember.

so i went through the first two parts of act 1 again looking for all collectibles and i some how still missed two. man.

yea when i signed in as a guest im not allowed to play on public matches only private ones, so i made a new xbox live account and have the free month of live my 360 came with.

I have to say that I'm disappointed with all of the unanswered questions. The game is pretty frustrating when you're playing solo. There were a lot of parts were it's obvious a second player is supposed to help you. But other than for boss battles they really did improve your teammates ai. In boss battles, if you are playing solo Dom is useless. I played on Hardcore. And I hate the matchmaking service, I don't know what they were thinking. I can't find a game if I'm the only one in my lobby. I need at least two other people to find a game pretty fast. I'm not really sure why they went with this method.

I have to say that I'm disappointed with all of the unanswered questions. The game is pretty frustrating when you're playing solo. There were a lot of parts were it's obvious a second player is supposed to help you. But other than for boss battles they really did improve your teammates ai. In boss battles, if you are playing solo Dom is useless. I played on Hardcore. And I hate the matchmaking service, I don't know what they were thinking. I can't find a game if I'm the only one in my lobby. I need at least two other people to find a game pretty fast. I'm not really sure why they went with this method.

i think its because a lot of people were crying about the host having an advantage because they would not get any lag

yeah maybe.. it is pretty annoying at times having to wait. who knows, maybe they will smooth that out in due time.

i really enjoyed the campaign. while yes, the AI was idiotic at times, I fared well playing on hardcore. and yeah, during boss battles, dom is useless. he couldnt even take out the tickers in the battle with that head priest guy (right after you meet the queen). also, they love to step in front of your sniper shots..

all in all though, i thought the campaign was great.

i am curious though, any of you guys get the idea that maybe the humans created the locust after you traveled through that top secret facility?

yeah maybe.. it is pretty annoying at times having to wait. who knows, maybe they will smooth that out in due time.

i really enjoyed the campaign. while yes, the AI was idiotic at times, I fared well playing on hardcore. and yeah, during boss battles, dom is useless. he couldnt even take out the tickers in the battle with that head priest guy (right after you meet the queen). also, they love to step in front of your sniper shots..

all in all though, i thought the campaign was great.

i am curious though, any of you guys get the idea that maybe the humans created the locust after you traveled through that top secret facility?

Not necessarily create but experiment with. The computer(Niles?) said it was humanities future or something like that. Maybe they were making hybrids or maybe they did make the locust. Too bad we'll probably have to wait another 2 years to figure everything out.

So far I think GOW2 is much better than the first .

The only problem I have with the game is there is no quick mute button in matchmaking.
When you are playing the game the dashboard moves too slow to be effectively to mute people.

They definitely dumbed down the enemies or made the weapons more powerful. The weapons take out enemies much faster, so they balanced it by making the enemies LARGEr and more of a meat shield. I think I'm almost done on Hardcore solo and I just rented it yesterday or so. If you are a veteran on the old GOW like me, you probably just look for opportunities to run up and chainsaw locusts anyways so weapon strength matters not to you. :p

They definitely dumbed down the enemies or made the weapons more powerful. The weapons take out enemies much faster, so they balanced it by making the enemies LARGEr and more of a meat shield. I think I'm almost done on Hardcore solo and I just rented it yesterday or so. If you are a veteran on the old GOW like me, you probably just look for opportunities to run up and chainsaw locusts anyways so weapon strength matters not to you. :p

i just began my "insane" endeavor and, just like how i felt with hardcore, it seems that the weapons are more powerful and that the enemies go down quicker. idk but i feel that the difficulty with insane will arise when you reach those "rail" parts of the game when you are just forced to move forward with your assault rifle or turret at hand.

all in all.. i give the game an A+++.

and with multiplayer.. i absolutely love horde. now i hear some complaining of match finding times and i agree, at times, it can take a while. to really tests this though, i was checking my watch during match searching times and on average across three searches, it took 45 seconds. maybe people do not have there xboxs properly connected, idk, but i dont find that to be too long.

i just began my "insane" endeavor and, just like how i felt with hardcore, it seems that the weapons are more powerful and that the enemies go down quicker. idk but i feel that the difficulty with insane will arise when you reach those "rail" parts of the game when you are just forced to move forward with your assault rifle or turret at hand.

all in all.. i give the game an A+++.

and with multiplayer.. i absolutely love horde. now i hear some complaining of match finding times and i agree, at times, it can take a while. to really tests this though, i was checking my watch during match searching times and on average across three searches, it took 45 seconds. maybe people do not have there xboxs properly connected, idk, but i dont find that to be too long.

Not everyone has an open nat. My college has a strict internet but I don't have problems finding games in Halo 3 and cod 4. I can't find a game in gears of war 2 unless I have friends in my party. Of course I haven't waited in the lobby for more than 5 minutes but I don't care if I can find a game in 6 minutes that's just too long to wait for a game.

Not everyone has an open nat. My college has a strict internet but I don't have problems finding games in Halo 3 and cod 4. I can't find a game in gears of war 2 unless I have friends in my party. Of course I haven't waited in the lobby for more than 5 minutes but I don't care if I can find a game in 6 minutes that's just too long to wait for a game.

yeah totally true. when i was behind my college network, it was more difficult to find matches. now i am off campus with comcast, xbox in the routers dmz.. open NAT all the way :)

also, i feel like they are still tweaking there matchmaking process now that they have a large base of users to study.

one thing i wish they would add though, is a online user counter like in halo 3. i just like being able to equate wait time with him many people are playing that specific match type.

whats your gamertag? maybe play some horde..

sweet, i probably wont get a chance to be on until tomorrow but i will add u to my list.

my tag is Nethandlewompa1

2 new thoughts with the game. well i had them the first time through as well..

1)doms a jerk... i cant remember, but i am pretty sure that Dom makes a rude comment towards carmine about his brother during the training. and i am 100% certain he makes a comment too carmine about it while they are in the hallows. the part is.. they just run the grindlift through the wall and dom complains about the dust. carmine says well blah blah blah u should have a helmet and dom says.. then i wouldnt see snipers would i.. marcus then tells him to cool it. but i thought it was rather a jerk comment referring to how carmines bro was killed. wonder why the creators put it in. maybe to show his testiness over his search for his wife?

also.. something between control chick and marcus.. anya her name?.. hes relieved to see her alive at the end and at times she specifically wishes marcus luck and warns him to be careful.

i think my latter tthought is one that will be followed up in gow3

Back