• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC 680i SLI - E6850`GO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jasonaerts

Hello again

Just picked up a Thermaltake V1 for my E6850 and here are the Results so Far, would like to go further but not sure i can with this heatsink :shrug:

Would really appreciate any advice on the Voltages as all of those are set to auto except the Ram and Cpu Vcore.

Thanks
Untitled.jpg
My Idle temps and voltage are 32c and 1.416v in CpuZ

Last edited:
Clocks/Voltages seem pretty good. You might be able to take it further.

G0s will be good until around 70-75C assuming you use 100TJMax.

Also there seems to be a 1-2c degree difference between the 2 cores at times...is this normal?

Yep, its perfectly normal on all multicore procs as long as the difference isnt too high (10C++).

Yep, its perfectly normal on all multicore procs as long as the difference isnt too high (10C++).

Ok thats great to know...

I guess what my main question now is can i safely run this chip 24/7 at the current 1.416 V for a year or so, or am i going to kill it? noting that my temps never go above 60c

Many people run their chips at 1.5vcore for extended periods 24/7, so I'd say it will be ok. You can of course also try to minimize the vcore used unless that is already the minimum stable voltage.

Many people run their chips at 1.5vcore for extended periods 24/7, so I'd say it will be ok. You can of course also try to minimize the vcore used unless that is already the minimum stable voltage.

Ok i will give that a try and see if i can find a lower stable vcore, 12hrs stable prime/orthos pretty good im hoping.

You can push the 65nm CPUs to 1.5-1.55v on good air pretty safely.

Well i have the http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1148&ID=1548 which i just picked up last night but seems most everyone is using the Ultra 100 Extreme--*Edit Ultra 120 Extreme
jason4207: would you suggest setting my Vcore to 1.55v and then finding my highest FSB speed, then lowering voltage to find lowest stable V?

I just dont want to fry my chip as money for me is not plenty

Also any thoughts on the V1 heatsink...

thanks

Ok unfortunately i wasnt able to boot at 4ghz but here's my highest boot so far, no other testing done just booting into windows @ 1.55 V. (1.6 bios)

Untitled2.jpg

You might have to push a little past 70 to get 4GHz. Depends on cooling.

Have you tried tweaking any other BIOS settings? Sometimes you can run w/ less vcore if you tweak other things.

You might have to push a little past 70 to get 4GHz. Depends on cooling.

Have you tried tweaking any other BIOS settings? Sometimes you can run w/ less vcore if you tweak other things.

Ok thats where the extent of my OC experience ends, i have only (with intel) ever messed around with the voltages and the FSB, i have all V's in the bios set to Auto except for the Memory and CPU.

Current/Auto MB-Voltage Readings

FSB 1.4
SPP 1.4
MCP 1.4
HT (SPP-MCP) 1.2

Please let me know if you need more info from me and thanks again for the help :)

I would keep temps below the 65deg mark for 24/7 but im sure it would last for years even @ 70 deg .

Cant seem to get anything totally stable above 3.6ghz but hey at least i get an extra 600mhz :)

It seems the culprit is my motherboard EVGA 680i SLI from many of the reviews/oc tests ive found on Google. For some reason it feels like my chip can handle it but the board just cant :(

Thanks to all the above poster's for your comments/advice much appreciated

;)

Back