• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal WC Temps? Might Be Better Off With Air...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Just wondering what are the usual WC temps.

Wish I could get my CPU to OC higher, but it won't boot at any higher FSB, no matter what voltage I use (vCore/NB). I might not even want to OC higher if my temps get much worse.

22C ambient, 35C Idle, and 60C Load after 1hr of Orthos...

"Normal Temps" is a hard thing to define since it seems there is a lot of variation it what motherboards report, but that seems a bit high.

Maybe you could provide a bit more info on what you are using for your water cooling rig and how it is setup?

These two are right, you really need to post more about your system and your cooling setup. Pictures are good.

You are at room temperature with a lightly overclocked 65nm dual core however. Your idle temperatures(if anywhere near correct) are high. Your load temperatures are very high, and the delta between the two is out to lunch.
This tells me that you most likely have a Heatsink seat problem, or your RAD is either not efficient enough or not large enough to dissipate the heat at load.
But we will see soon enough once you post your system specs.

The WC parts are a Compact CoolerMaster CPU Kit that I got from a friend for next to nothing. I hear kits aren't too good, usually, but I thought it had to be better than Intel stock cooler...

There is a pump/CPU heatsink and a radiator/reservoir.

The radiator/reservior uses an 80mm fan, it does seem small (but my entire case only has 2 80mm fans including that one, a side vent and rear vent).

...your RAD is either not efficient enough or not large enough to dissipate the heat at load.

This is what I'm thinking...even though the heat is from CPU only.

Just buy a good radiator.

+1 on that thought.

You can buy you a Swiftech MCR220-QP Res with 3/8 or 1/2 steel barbs (depending on your present tubing size) and a Swiftech RadBox MCB-120 Revision 2, which will let you mount the radiator externally on the back exhaust fan and you will have a radiator that will actually do you some good. And the radiator has a built it reservoir in the top tank, so you won't need to buy a separate reservoir or fix up a T line for filling.

BTW I've replaced radiators on CoolerMaster kits. The black tubing can be stretched over 3/8" inch adapters. I would go for the Swiftech as muddocktor pointed out.

Example I put a Black Ice Pro on an AquaGate Duo cooling 2 9600gt (s) and the temps went from 45-65c to 28-35c.

Back