• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Results: OCing Q9450 on 780i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-honson

OK so this is the first computer ive built and the first time ive overclocked. few questinos regarding what i have now

Running on a 780i evga mobo, corsair dominator 2x2g pc2-8500 (1066) and a q9450, i hit...

3.6 ghz at a core voltage of 1.304 (its around 1.33 on bios)
FB voltage at 1.3 and ram at 2.1
Temps at idle are around 37-40c and on load is about 65-69
My Dram freq is 531.h mhz timed at 5.5.5.15 and the tRC set to 11 (rest are on auto)

Currently using Prime95 to stress test it right now and it hasnt crashed on my yet

Are these temperatures dangerous? or is still a good configuration for 24/7 daily use.

I kinda want to use my comp for awhile as it is, so if this is stressing it, i should  bring it down a notch?

Last edited:
What cooler are you using? Temps could be a tad lower, but everything looks good.

Also, not sure what font you used, but please don't use that anymore, it is really hard to read.

What HSF are you using? Personally I do not like temperatures going above 60C on full load as it can extend the lifetime of the CPU.

Back