• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much ink is REALLY left in your ink jet cartridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

I have never purchased replacement cartridges for any of the ink jet printers I have ever owned (actually, the two that I had were both freebies). I've never used them long enough to empty a cartridge. But then, that's why I got a color laser early on.

I've always looked at ink jet printer market with a jaundiced eye because of the price of the ink in the first place. I began to get really suspicious when manufacturers began putting chips in the cartridges to thwart third party manufacturers from making replacement cartridges--or even refilling original cartridges.

But this article makes me glad I never spent any money on ink jets at all. It looks like they try to rip you off by making you replace cartridges before you really need to:

http://www.computerworld.com/action...eBasic&articleId=9119727&source=NLT_AM&nlid=1

wow ime glad i got a laser printer a few weeks back!!! Well worth it ESPCIALLY IF YOU REFILL THE CARTRIDGE!! SOO EASY AND CHEAP!!!!

as my laser printer is only black i use my inkjet for color, and its an epson DX4000, and o found
Genuine cartridghe = $20.00 = 7 ML OF INK
Random cheapo cartridge= $3.00= 18ML OF INK!!!!!

i really recomend getting a laser printer soo much cheaper!

I invested in a Brother laser printer, and I would never, ever go back. Especially since I just shake the toner cartridge and suddenly I have another ~150 pages.

Back