• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tjmax for Q6600 G0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moto211

Ok, so I gave up on trying to push my quad a few months back because I was uncomfortable with temps that I was hitting at high clock speeds. I run my chip at 100% load 24/7 (I fold) and was unfortable running very high temps (~70c) 24/7. I know that coretemp uses a 100c tjmax and realtemp uses a 95c tjmax, causing realtemp to report the temps to be 5c lower. I always went with coretemp, figured I'd rather error on the side of safety. Now I recently found a Intel document stating that the tjmax of the Q6600 G0 to be 90c, making coretemp 10c high and realtemp 5c high. So, I decided to make another attemp at a max speed run and see if I can hit 3.6 with acceptable temps. Here is the Intel document:

http://intel.wingateweb.com/taiwan08/published/sessions/TPWS002/FA08 IDF-Taipei_TPWS002_100_1021.pdf

Look at page 15 of the document. Am I correct in adjusting the tjmax in coretemp and realtemp to 90c and trusting the data the they produce? If so, that leaves me with an extra 10c of headroom to play with compared to the old data that I was using.

Back