• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake armor+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeHappy

I have had this loop since around march of last year and its time for my 1st coolant change.

I am also about to add a watercooled 8800gtx and redo the loop.

I am wondering if my current watercooling solution (swiftech h20-220) is good enough for both this volt/bios modded gpu and my overclocked/voltage hungry cpu.

I was thinking about maybe adding a second 220 rad on the inside bottom of my case.

Or maybe switching out all fans on rad/case for yate loon mediums and putting them on a push/pull radiator configuration.

Anyone mounted an internal rad in the armor+ ?

Any advice?

These are shots that I took back when I was running my 4400x2 with 1950xt. (Sorry, but I'm too lazy after a full day of work to take any new shots of my current setup, but the radiator is in the same place.) I mounted the radiator on the front of the case and have my HD's in the upper HD bay. (The one with the fan next to the powersupply.)

Messy tubing I know, but at the time I could either use 2 90degree elbows or add about 1.5 feet of tubing to avoid kinks. I tried it with both and saw no difference in temps. It's easier to route the tubing with the elbows so I went with that option. (My case has a HUGE fan on the side, which makes tubing positioning "interesting.")

in that amour case the psu is behind the hard drives.

a6.JPG

Yeah, the PSU is horizontal, so you have the fan blowing on the HDDs coupled with the 90mm exhaust. It's pretty cool if you ask me and allows you to basicaly free up the entire front of the Computer.

Only trouble is I'm running a quiet drive, fan controller, DVD and the power module at the front. Guess I won't be fitting in that 120.3 rad.

Yeah if anything I will go with a push/pull config for the external mounted rad.

*Possibly another 220 rad mounted bottom inside after xmas.

I have an armor andi mounted the Rad the same way, the only downfall to this methond is you have very little space for multiple optical drives and whatnot

Back