• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deleting my Skype user account & installing someone else's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woz101

I posted this question on Skype's forum, but did not get any answer, so I am trying my luck here.

See title.

I want to give my laptop to a family member. Skype is currently installed on it with my Skype account. My question is: is it possible to delete my Skype account from within Skype and then install/create a Skype account for someone else?

If this is not possible, then I will have to uninstall Skype, reinstall Skype and then create an account for the person to whom I am giving the laptop. A hassle.

Your info is appreciated.

In Windows XP, I go to this folder (enable view on hidden folders):

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Skype

I would then copy out all the files under my user name, then copy in the other person's. Or just leave empty.

In Windows XP, I go to this folder (enable view on hidden folders):

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Skype

I would then copy out all the files under my user name, then copy in the other person's. Or just leave empty.

I deleted the entire folder with my user name. Upon launching Skype, I was prompted to create a new Skype account or log into an existing one. Exactly what I wanted!:beer:

I have Vista--see sig.

Thanks for the help.

Back