• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan control software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I have several fan connectors on my MOBO. Only one is populated (by the CPU fan).

I have a fan for my raptor hard drive. I don't need it to be running when Im not using said hard drive though (It isn't spinning right now I have 2 OS installs).

If I run it to one of the mobo connectors (Its on MOLEX right now) is there software so I can turn the fan off in the OS where I don't need it? (I have a very lean gaming OS and a very messy fraggy cluttered normal use OS)

I finally have all my hardware components perfect to I bring from pc to pc for controlling all my fans' speeds for any/all temps in just seconds. I use Sandra and RivaTuner for cpu/gpu temps. mbm5 (motherboard monitor) was awesome for always (unless off'd) displaying (cpu/gpm/mobo) temps in the sytray as coloured digits but its for Xp, not Vista. like 20 25 35 8:21 PM

I have Front and Rear Scythe S-Flex 120F case fans and a (single) 40mm memory stick fan on a Vantec NXP-305B fan&light controller, which also has a 2 blue tubes I mounted outside the case for a night light. The Vantec is black and takes up a floppy sized bay, but I use a 3.5 to 5.25 adaptor taking up one bay on my Antec Solo case. It allows the fans and light to go from OFF to 100%, and anywhere in between.

Then I have two Zalman Fanmate 2 fan controllers. I drilled two holes spaced 13/16" apart and mounted them side by side flush against the back of a bay cover with an elastick. The FM2s have 1/4" knobs, nearly invisible, the FM has 1/8" knobs. They will not turn off a fan, just to LOw, and all the way to full. These FM2s come w/ Zalman cpu coolers, and sep. I use one for my cpu and one for my gpu using a Scythe S-Flex 120F and Stealth 92mm (a beauty).

I lapped my E6750 and Thermalright coolers and it is as quiet and frosty as it gets and i love you.

Last edited:
Back