• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does newegg allow two forms of payment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

I'm trying to buy a video card and I entered in the information I have for a Visa Gift. I thought I could enter in another credit card to pay off the remainder of the balance, but I couldn't do it. The person on their live chat says they don't allow two forms of payment, but I didn't believe that answer so I just e-mailed customer support. Just wondering if anyone out there was able to put in an order using two forms of payment.

You might be able to over the phone?

I know once I tried to use a American Express gift card I had been given over Steam but they refused it because I didn't have a home address to match the gift card, because it's a gift card. I went down to Best Buy instead.

Call them on the phone. Almost every time someone has an issue with Newegg customer support "sucking" it is because they were emailing or in chat and there was some sort of miscommunication. Call them and chances are you will be taken care of quickly. Sometimes it is difficult to really explain what it is you are trying to accomplish in the written format over chat. Seriously, call them and I am sure you will be fine.

On a side note, why is it that everyone is afraid to call people nowadays? It's all about texting and trying to keep any actual human interaction out of it. I don't get it. Don't text! Call!

Does Newegg.com accept phone, fax, email or snail mail orders?
All ordering, price quotes, stock status, and shipping quotes are provided online -- no exceptions. We do not accept phone, fax or e-mail orders or quotes. All pricing quotes on products and shipping are available on the website only.

I think you're out of luck and as far as I can tell the website payment process only allows one form of payment per order. Never hurts to try calling though.

Well I found a local store that carries the video card I'm looking for. I'll try there. Saves on the shipping costs, but I still have to drive down there. But at least I get the satisfaction of holding the card in my hands after buying it :)

You can do it over the phone, I've had to use two separate forms of payment when purchasing stuff for personal use and other stuff business use on the same order.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we do only accept one form of payment, we do apologize.

Sincerely,

Newegg Support

Back