• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game sound transmitting through mic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilPeppard

I have a Creative Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS sound card and Fatal1ty gaming headphones. Vista 64 and Ventrilo.

When playing WoW (and presumably any other game), even though my speakers are off, game sounds still transmit over Vent to other people when I key my mic. I have no idea why this is happening or how to correct it. The only thing I can do is turn the master game volume down or off in WoW audio settings.

Can anyone please offer up suggestions on what I should look at?

Thanks!

This might be similar to my Audigy 2. In the Creative volume settings panel (Where you adjust speaker volume, CD volume, etc..) there should be one for "MIC". Click on it and change the option to "Microphone". It might be in "What U Hear" or "Wave output".

If not, then check your WoW settings, maybe it's using the incorrect input, I wouldn't know since I've never seen the WoW settings menu.

This might be similar to my Audigy 2. In the Creative volume settings panel (Where you adjust speaker volume, CD volume, etc..) there should be one for "MIC". Click on it and change the option to "Microphone". It might be in "What U Hear" or "Wave output".

If not, then check your WoW settings, maybe it's using the incorrect input, I wouldn't know since I've never seen the WoW settings menu.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the settings on the sound card. I'm sure I have my WoW settings correct.

I remoted into my computer and found the setting you referred to. For my Fatal1ty card, I had to change the mode to "audio creation mode" before I could see the recorder sound settings. It was set to "what u hear" by default, so I changed it to "microphone." I'll test it tonight and see if it helped.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Back