• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can they detect fried??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad Butter

i bought a audidy sound card a company and i accidently fried it. I said it broke and they they said they would send me a knew one. CCan they detct if it's fried?

Another one of these...

How did you fry it? Did you do something to void the warranty? If so, then you have to live with what you say, and the consequences if they find out... If it just fried on its own, then there shouldn't be a problem, right?

TranceBear said:

whats that mean?

and i agree with flounder43, if you haveing done anything as far as melting it, cracking it, or soldering crap on it... then you'd be aight..

like a common mistake is some ppl pull out pci cards while the pci is on.. and that could fry a card as well as a mobo and so on.. so if you did something like that, or even if you shocked it.. you will most likely be able to get a replacement..

good luck :beer:

flounder43 said:

No, he is referring to another similar thread where someone wanted advice on how to return a cpu that he broke while unlocking it.

ahh ok.. thanks for letting me in on it ;)

i have alot of posts, but i dont tend to get through every thread..

i just usualy pick up on threads that are under 10 posts, or ones that may add to my knownage.. (altho i wish they had spelling threads j/k)
:D

Lot's of these discussions going around in the last 24 hours.

Whenever I decide to Improve the performance or Mod any Item that has a Warranty VOID if scenario, I know that I'm on my own and if I break it I buy a new one.

Silversinksam said:
Lot's of these discussions going around in the last 24 hours.

Whenever I decide to Improve the performance or Mod any Item that has a Warranty VOID if scenario, I know that I'm on my own and if I break it I buy a new one.

yea, i mean overclocking period is a void.. but its just the better you are with it, the better chance u have of not killing your card.. and sometimes things just die.. so its "you never know" type of thing..

but i cant sleep unless i improve my pc in one way or another ;)

They can't detect if it is fried so long as it has no burn marks, but it is kind of dishonest to RMA it. On the other hand, the cost gets shifted around through many companies and is relatively negligible. It's up to you whether you want to put the burden of cost on you or the companies for YOUR mistake.

flounder43 said:

No, he is referring to another similar thread where someone wanted advice on how to return a cpu that he broke while unlocking it.
i didn't break it while unlocking it, i broke it while using it again

Back