• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD output problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattgmann

I'm having some problems getting my htpc to output to my TV correctly. It's the second setup in my sig, and the graphics card is an 8800gt.

I'm outputting through HDMI, and the only resolution that will display correctly is 1024x768. Anything higher, and the screen area exceeds that of the panel, and is clipped off. I hooked my gaming system up to the TV, (with ati cards), and I was able to display 1920x1080 perfectly.

The TV is an LG 42" plasma 1080i.

Anyone have any experience with this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have a similar problem with my 780G (ATI) video through HDMI. I can only get 1024x768 working. Through VGA it works perfectly. My TV is a 50" Samsung. I have tried several different versions of the video drivers and even checked for a firmware update for the TV and no dice :(. The VGA output works well enough for me anyway as I use the optical out to my stereo instead of the HDMI. Best of luck to you!

I'm using a ATI HD2600XT at 1080p with a 5% overscan. This is normal for a TV as it overscan the video to get rid of the dead area of the show. Try setting your res to 1080i and then underscanning it a little.

I had something of the same problem but it was my fault I have a projector that's 1280x720 and I tried feeding it 1920x1200 lol

isn't the native resolution of that TV something like 1024x768?

Exactly! It is not the GPU or the HDMI cable, but the TV that is the limiting factor.

Set the resolution of the graphics card to 720P and all will be fine. If you prefer 1080i than you will have to use over scan, if it is available for your GPU, to completely fill the screen.

If the TV native res is, indeed, 1024x768 than you should not be trying to use anything higher.

thanks for the help all.

The native res of the TV is 1920x1080. First I was having overscan problems. I switched drivers, and then had underscan problems. I got it all figured out though, it it's working great.

thanks for the help all.

The native res of the TV is 1920x1080. First I was having overscan problems. I switched drivers, and then had underscan problems. I got it all figured out though, it it's working great.

Sweet glad to hear you got it working. I'm guessing you had to use the sliders and enlarge the screen a little, kinda the way I had to.

Back