• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SoftFSB is well Good, but voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingaaar

Greetings peeps!

I recently purchased a system that was impossible to overclock in bios and on the board (unless it was an unlocked Atholon and I could change a multiplier setting but the FSB was automatic)

I found out about (and downloaded eagerly) a lovely piece of kit called SoftFSB and after prying open my machine with a crowbar and tracing down the PLL chip I found that I could indeed increase my P500E coppermine to 620 (whopppeeeee!!!)

however, I would like to go a little bit further after this heavy petting but again I am stumped about controling the voltage as I think a small voltage increase could help me nicely and I may be able to get a stable (as it is unstable otherwise) 668.2MHz.

Does anyone know of such a way to increase voltage without me having to hard wire it into my motherboard.

yours ever so happily but not satisfied,

gingaaaaaaaR

Do you know the stepping of this chip? Sandra should be able to tell you.

If it's a cC0 or better you can do the VID pin mod. I've done it to a few of my chips and has done wonders.

You can check it out here.

It's not hard to do, just takes a steady hand and a little patience.

I only recommend it for those two steppings since the cB0 will only go to 2.05V at the least over default because of internal connections to the Vss pin.

There are a few threads in Intel CPUs regarding this little trick if you want to do a search for more info.

What a wonderful place the world is!

a solution, light at the end of the tunnel, etc

but the question is?

are they the same for all 370 cpu's...?

I suppose they should be, but I will take your advice and search for simialr threads.

regards,

the gingaaar one

I did iT! but the maximum voltage I could get was an extra .05 of a volt. boo hoo!

it took me three hours with numerouse copper strands of wire and a couple of sewing needles...

still, thanks for the help,

Glenn

Back