• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to use Scissors to cut an I/O plate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
I've got a spare Asrock plate and I might be picking up a P5Q Pro with no backplate.

If scissors won't work I might be able to use a wire cutter... or maybe a box cutter? Thanks.

i dont see the point. i run a lot of motherboards with no I/O plate.. i think a chopped up I/O plate looks more ghetto than no I/O plate

I have a pair of heavy bladed scissors that I have used to cut thin sheets of metal like the I/O plate. Just don't expect the blade to be as sharp as before the abuse. :)

I have also used aluminum tape to make my own I/O plates too... matter of fact my girlfriends living room PC still uses it! It is nice because it sticks to the case, and a sharp exacto is all that is needed to cut the appropriate holes; creasing the foil helps in "measuring" the cuts.

Post some pics if you do the mod.

bryan d

Back