• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acronis True Image help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

Anyone who has used this program before...

After making an image of my disk drive, how would I go about restoring to to a blank disk drive.

I'm considering reinstalling vista 64-bit and want to be able to revert back to my system "as is" right now if I don't like it.

I've already made the image on an external hard drive, but I'm wondering how I would go about putting it back on my laptop disk drive.

Thanks in advance!

when you installed the program, it put an option in your start menu to 'Bootable Rescue Media Builder'
run it and make a cd with all the options on it. when you boot to the cd, plug in your harddrive and select it as your source, make your internal drive your destination and let it rip

Wow, that's really easy... Acronis seems like a great piece of software for $50. I may end up purchasing this. Its vastly superior to Windows backup and restore garbage.

Back