• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16:9 or 16:10???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheThermaltaker

I'm looking for a new monitor and really like the Acer P244Wbii. The monitor is 16:9, which is great for movies, but I don't know how games will run on it. Other than movies, are there any benefits of having a 16:9 screen, or should I stick with a 16:10 (probably a Samsung)? And will games look better on a 16:10 screen? Also, what do you guys think of the monitor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009154

16:10 will have greater compatibility for games, and if you run movies through it, they'll just be letterboxed; no biggie, thats what I do. I think sammy panels are nice but a bit overpriced. Find a panel with the best specs and connectivity and adjustment options in your price range and buy it. Don't worry if the cabinet looks fugly, when gaming you'll be looking at the actual screen. :)

Look at how fugly mine is, but its a great panel and the connectivity is insane:

BENQ_FP241VW.jpg

16:10 will have greater compatibility for games, and if you run movies through it, they'll just be letterboxed; no biggie, thats what I do. I think sammy panels are nice but a bit overpriced. Find a panel with the best specs and connectivity and adjustment options in your price range and buy it. Don't worry if the cabinet looks fugly, when gaming you'll be looking at the actual screen. :)

Look at how fugly mine is, but its a great panel and the connectivity is insane:

BENQ_FP241VW.jpg
I'm looking to spend $350, but I'm willing to go up to $400 if need be. Which monitor would you recommend?

In that price range, all your 24" panels will utilize TN technology. Theres some pros and cons but I can't recommend any off the top of my head.

Back