• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Open Office

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

i have used open office just a little bit in the past but not enough to really see how usefull it is until now, after i downloaded it and used to make a tutorial for this thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=585147 i have found out how great it is and its free, its just as good as M$ office if not better and it doesnt slow down my system like M$ office does.

i have a copy of office 2003 and i have to say that im going to be sticking to open office for good :)

Good to hear... I used Open Office for a while, and its great...

I made the switch back to Office 2003 mainly because its easier to work with friends and co-workers on certain things...

I tried installing Open Office on my mother inlaws new computer, unfortunately a lot of MS Office docs she was sent from friends would not open with Open Office, so I had to uninstall it and get her MS Office, the bonus is she has Office 2007 now which after getting used to is light years ahead of previous office iterations, if you have never used Office 2007, then Open Office interface is fine, but converting from Office 2007 to Open office you will lose a lot of functionality

Just to clarify, with openoffice 3.0, that was just released a little bit back, full support for docx, and all the other office open microsoft xml formats.

Before 3.0, you had to use a 3rd party plugin to read .docx files. It works 100% now.

Just to clarify, with openoffice 3.0, that was just released a little bit back, full support for docx, and all the other office open microsoft xml formats.

Before 3.0, you had to use a 3rd party plugin to read .docx files. It works 100% now.

This.

I used to use OO, but the spellcheck and grammar check suck.

Unless they fixed those.

This.

I used to use OO, but the spellcheck and grammar check suck.

Unless they fixed those.

Yeah you can get the better British / Australian standards spell and grammar check plugins.

Just trying to think :confused: where I got them from was a while ago, but they are great.

Back