• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3P, advice please :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeaX

Registered
Hello everyone,

just ordered my new Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P board. It's gonna be the replacement for my GA-P35-DS3P board. Now I'm running E8500 E0 @ 4300 mhz(hoping to get 4500 + out of my chip with the new board). But with the new board, there are ****loads of BIOS tables, cause of all the settings, and the thing wich i really like are the adjustable GTL Ref voltages. I was wondering if any other people experianced any overclocking using this board and a E8500 E0 or E8400 E0. Maybe you could give me some kind of BIOS table and explain the importand things to me, would be a great help :) Thanks in advance, and i'll hope for some comments :)

Cya

You have to understand that no 2 systems, no matter how identical they are, will clock the same.

What settings work for Mr. Green will not work for Mr. Blue. You'll have to test your own settings. Use the settings from your previous board to give you a rough idea, then you can fine tune it from there.

I swapped out from a DFI BloodIron P35 board to my current board Asus P5E flashed to a Rampage Formula. I had my settings charted down to get 4.0Ghz from my chip. I then started to fine tune and got 4.2Ghz with less voltage :cool:

Check out Ross' thread here .

Back