• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to Rockstar/2K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I just rented NBA 2K8 and NHL 2K8 having played both of their EA counterparts I must say that I am extremely disappointed. The 2K product is inferior to EA in nearly ever way. Now the 2K games are not as horrid as they were last year but the person who developed the menu system for NBA 2K8 must be suffering from some kind of manic schizophrenic dyslexic disorder.

What happened to the 2K that gave us GTA3 and the sequels? We got a half-hearted and frankly half assed GTA4, a mediocre Bully, some not up to EA's standards NHL and NBA game. Their NCAA hoops game was so horrible they decided to scrap the franchise and let's not even talk about their pathetic MLB game that holds exclusive rights like EA's Madden except for MLB the Show for some reason which is also a far superior game.

Let's see, what else have we got from them lately? Table Tennis... gimmie a break

I guess for those of you who liked it, which there are many, you've got Bioshock.

You know we were all complaining a few months back about big mega-evil EA buying up all the smaller franchises..... I think doing so to Rockstar/2K would put them out of their misery. I miss the company who made GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, NFL, NHL and MLB 2K5 because they are definitely nowhere to be found today.

oh and you are also forgetting the midnight club 2 by rockstar, back in its day, it was a pretty descent game. actually really good and popular too :) it was soo good that i had to buy the steering wheel package for the PS2 when the game came out. that cost me soo much money back in the day for the wheel :( but it was worth it.

Back