• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 Build Was Going ATX Lookin At M-ATX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I was going to go for a gigabyte board for my up coming AM2+ set-up but I have been wanting to create a smaller system this time round I have seen this ASUS board http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=639&l4=0&model=2252&modelmenu=1

It has basically the same chipset as the gigabyte 1 and I am not bothered about X-fire I'll be using my 8600GT 256mb PCI-E card are there any losses from a MATX over ATX apart from space.

My new build is this

AMD Phenom X4 9650
OCZ 2gb PC8500 Reaper DDR2
Maxtor 250GB SATA-II HDD (thinking about upgrading that at a later date)
Inno3D 8600GT 256mb PCI-E (Got this off eBay for £23 new so wont be upgrading soon)
DVD-RW

I personally would prefer the gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h, I have a rev 1 of this board and it's stable with a 125 watt 9850 be, that cpu is not supported with the rev 1 but if you get the rev 2 of the board it supports 140 watt cpu's I've had problems with the asus matx motherboards, had a 690g, and 780g chipset both had to be rma'ed

Back