• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTX OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banshee1221

I was wondering if its possible to get past 630/2100 oc with the 8800gtx? coz if i push it any further the screen will lock up in a game and my pc will reboot

Welcome to the forums. :welcome:

I wasn't able to get my 88gtx past 629 on the core while using stock cooling and voltage. But with an aftermarket cooler like the HR-03 you can expect to break past that. :)

thanks for the warm welcome:)

Thing is that i don't want to get any extra cooling right now cause i just recently bought the card.. but ill look into it in the future, but thanx anyways. was the 8800gtx a worthwhile upgrade from the 7600GS?

I was able to get my 8800 to 630/1040 with stock cooler but it
crashed anything higher than that.

Currently running it at 705/1125 with voltmod/waterblock.

i could get my old 8800GTX up to around 660 with stock cooling and voltages.... guess i just got lucky!!

Mine is at 660/1550/2050 currently. I would just run 3DMark Vantage between every ~10MHz jump, and there weren't any artifacts in any of the tests. One weird thing though is that my overall score would always be 0, even at stock. I would get separate CPU and GPU scores, just not an overall...

Back